All right, y’all. It’s been over four years since I last updated this site, and obviously you’re dying to know what I’ve been up to. Here are the bullet points:
- Until this past summer, I ran the weekly folk jam for Spirit of Rasputin’s for seven years. ‘Twas a lot of fun getting together every week to play along with songs I don’t know. The new host is very enthusiastic, and is keeping it going strong.
- Every year I run the folk jam at The Ottawa Grassroots Festival. It’s always a pile of fun, and I’ll be doing it again this year.
- I’ve been busting my ass figuring out how to play acoustic blues on these weird folky instruments I love. I’ve finally come up with a sound that I’m reasonably happy with – for now!
- I go to open stages regularly to practice my skills in front of a crowd (although I use the term “crowd” pretty liberally by times).
- There have been a few gigs this past year. I had a great time, and I hope to get more gigs in 2020.
So, yep, that’s pretty much me. I mean, a ton of stuff has happened in my personal life, and with my day job (you didn’t think I was making a living from this, did you?). Some day when I’m in Overshare Mode, maybe I’ll offer up some of those details too; it happens more often than you may think. :-)